Horticultural Therapy Methods: Connecting People and Plants in Health Care, Human Services, and Therapeutic Programs, Second Edition
Horticultural therapy has evolved from its use only by volunteer gardeners to become a recognized and respected therapeutic modality conducted by trained, registered professionals. Horticultural Therapy Methods is the first textbook to describe the processes and techniques used to provide horticultural therapy interventions and the rationale for their use. This book presents types of programs, settings, and goals in horticultural therapy. It outlines treatment planning; development of sessions to meet treatment objectives; motivation and behavior management techniques; documentation guidelines; practical approaches for wellness; and resources for activity ideas.
New to this Edition:
- Various useful examples of horticultural therapy in practice and strategically placed tips and resources.
- Additions to appendix on horticultural therapy treatment strategies.
- New chapter on session planning.
- Thirty-seven photographs demonstrating horticultural therapy in practice.
- Additional "HT Practice" examples and tips.
The book is used as a reference and a guide for students, educators, and those conducting horticultural therapy or therapeutic horticulture to guide them in constructing effective treatment programs. Health care and human service professionals use the reference in the therapy, treatment, and education of inmates, residents, patients, trainees, students, and other participants.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 204 pages
- Rebecca L. Haller(Editor) Christine L. Capra(Editor)
- CRC Press; 2 edition (22 Dec. 2016)
- Health, Family & Lifestyle
|The message text*:|
A Country Life: At Home in the English Countryside (Thorndike General): Written by Roy Strong, 2003 Edition, (Lrg) Publisher: Thorndike Press